Do you need unique and innovative gifts for your clients and employees for a special event or holiday? Bedfellows is your local Tallahassee source for corporate gifts! Our assortment appeals to gift recipients of all ages and aesthetics. Whether you want to make a statement or give personalized gifts of appreciation, we can make the process easy. We can get your order placed early – in plenty of time for giving. And as always, it is our pleasure to offer complimentary giftwrap.
One of our favorite and most versatile lines is Mariposa. The company began in 1984 after founder Livia Cowan returned from a road trip through Mexico with a truckload of recycled glassware made from old Coke bottles. Livia set up shop in her parent’s garage and Mariposa was born. Nearly three decades later, the truck and the garage headquarters are gone but the small family-feel of the company remains. Mariposa is currently housed in a renovated, yellow 19th century livery stable called, “The Barn” in Manchester-by-the-Sea, Massachusetts.
- Mariposa products are all handmade. No two pieces are ever exactly alike.
- Mariposa is committed to ecological responsibility. The majority of our products are made from 100% recycled materials.
- Mariposa Artist in Residence, Shelly Bradbury, has won international praise as an extraordinary sculptor.
- Michael Updike, son of famous American author, John Updike, is the artist and master sculptor behind the Mariposa signature Brillante collection. Renowned for his elegance and bright whimsy, Updike has done the impossible at Mariposa for decades: turning 100% recycled aluminum into tomorrow’s supplest tableware, inspired by both nature and tradition.
- Mariposa is one of the strongest brands in the wedding category. (Attendant Gifts) Traditional brides are drawn to the timeless beauty of String of Pearls, part of the Updike’s Brillante collection. String of Pearls pieces make the perfect wedding gift and are often engraved with the couple’s monogram. More modern brides may favor Bradbury’s Sueño collection.
- Need the perfect gift for any occasion? Customers continue to turn to Mariposa for unique and innovative hostess, birthday and holiday gifts.
- Mariposa products come in the signature teal gift boxes and larger pieces include soft, protective flannel sleeves for storage.
- Mariposa products are not only beautiful, but also easy to care for—they won’t tarnish and can be cleaned with soap and water. As with most metal, items are not dishwasher or microwave-safe.