We hope you’ll join us this Saturday, November 1st from 10 am – 2 pm as we partner with the Leon County Humane Society to host “Home At Last,” a dog adoption and benefit event. The Leon County Humane Society will be stationed outside the store with 10 dogs available for adoption throughout the day. We’ll collect donations of dog food as well as old towels and sheets (it’s the opportunity you’ve been looking for to clean out your linen closet!), and a portion of the store’s sales for that day will go to the Leon County Humane Society.
Bedfellows owner Gina Proctor, an animal lover and dog enthusiast, has wanted to host an event to benefit the Leon County Humane Society for some time. “I love the work they’re doing and hope that through this event we can support them in as many ways as possible,” Proctor said.
Sabrina Rodriguez de Conte, executive director of the Leon County Humane Society, was glad for the opportunity to collaborate. “This is an important opportunity for us to have greater visibility within the community,” she said. “We hope that this event will bring deserving dogs together with their forever families.”
We hope you’ll join us for a Chic Verte Trunk Show, this Thursday, October 16 from 11-2 at the store! Designer Lisa Sheryle Phipps crafts one-of-a-kind jewelry pieces from natural materials (wood, feathers, antler sheds) found on her family’s historic Ayavalla Plantation right here in Tallahassee. Her collection–called Chic Verte, which means “fashionably green” in French–celebrates the quiet beauty in nature and the traditions of the South. Come meet the designer and get a firsthand look at this beautiful collection!
To learn more about Chic Verte, visit chicverte.com.
We love the all-natural, small-batch salsas, spreads, and syrups from Blackberry Patch of Thomasville. We serve up the salsa with chips, the spreads with cream cheese and crackers (or biscuits! or cornbread!), and the syrups on everything from breakfast (pancakes, oatmeal, yogurt and granola…) to dessert (ice cream, pound cake…the possibilities are endless!).
But with football season just a few days away, we thought we’d share a few Blackberry Patch recipes sure to take your tailgate table or game day get-together up a notch:
Spice Rubbed Pork Tenderloin With Blackberry Patch Apple Salsa
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Whisk together the ingredients in a medium bowl. Add the pork and turn to coat. Put pork in a roasting pan and cook 25 minutes or until an instant read thermometer registers 145 degrees in the thickest part of the pork. Cover the pork with foil and let it rest for 10 minutes. Slice and serve with Blackberry Patch Apple Salsa.
Blackberry BBQ Sliders
3-4 lb Boston Butt
1 cup vinegar
1 onion, quartered
Blackberry BBQ Sauce (recipe follows)
Hot dog buns
Blackberry BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup Blackberry Syrup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Put vinegar, onions and Boston butt in slow cooker on low for 8-10 hours. Remove and shred with fork, discarding fat. Mix all ingredients for sauce and set aside. Cut hot dog buns with small round cookie cutter. Mix BBQ sauce with pork and fill mini buns.
Blueberry Butter on Cornbread Muffins
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 tablespoon Blackberry Patch Blueberry Syrup
- Cling Wrap
In a small bowl using a fork, mix together butter and syrup. Tear off a square of cling wrap and put the butter in the middle. Roll the butter into a log and refrigerate to harden. Slice into rounds and serve with warm corn muffins.
- Whipped topping
- Donut Holes
- Blackberry Patch Pumpkin Spice Syrup
Mix whipped topping with Pumpkin Spice Syrup to taste. Cut donut holes in half. Spread pumpkin spiced whipped topping onto halves and put halves back together. Drizzle with Pumpkin Spice syrup.
Recipes via Blackberry Patch.
A few weeks ago, we hosted an art show at the store featuring the work of local artists. We stole a few minutes with painter Suzanne Conner, a longtime Tallahasseean, to talk about her work, her process, and what inspires her:
How long have you been painting?
I’ve been painting about three years. I started painting for grief therapy; it’s been part of a healing process for me. I teach classes on creativity, I go to a lot of art shows, and I do a lot of commission work. I love every minute of it.
What media do you work in?
Acrylic, usually on board. I use all kinds of finishes and gels to enhance and add texture. I paint angels, mermaids, nature, things like that.
Where do you paint?
I bought my mom’s house, and the room that I paint in is my old childhood room.
What inspires you?
I teach Sunday School to 2- and 3-year-olds and I am always inspired by the children. I’m also inspired by creation and being outside. Lately I’ve been learning a lot about trust; I quit my job in November and am now a full-time artist. At some point we just need to give it all to God and know that He is in control. And I have to give God the glory for it all.
ENJOY THE BIG GAME – LEAVE THE STYLING TO US!
Bedfellows is your local retailer for TABLEVOGUE so your Tailgate Party has never looked so good or been so easy. Stop by today and let’s choose your team and your team colors in the right size for your tables! This fall, we’re making a statement with stylish entertaining, simply!
- The only table cover designed to provide a secure, tailored fit for your folding tailgate tables!
- Finished, stitched edges provide clean, sophisticated lines
- To-the-floor coverage hides unsightly table legs
- Patented soil release feature
- Machine washable — won’t fade, shrink or pill
Introducing the only collegiate licensed table cover designed to provide a tailored, secure, full-length fit for folding tables. This new tailgate must-have from TEAM Tablevogue is a superior alternative to table skirting, and an incredibly easy way to get your tables dressed forth big game, created with a custom team logo and neatly disguising table legs. Simply slip TEAM Tablevogue over the table, and when the tailgate’s over, just toss in the wash.
Constructed with 100-percent polyester finished with a patented softouch technology so it feels like cotton, but performs like polyester – this table cover has a patented soil-release feature, is machine-washable, and won’t fade, shrink or pill after laundering. Attractive, affordable, and durable, you will enjoy the ability use your tablevogue over and over again to entertain in and off season. Enjoy the non-logo side for celebratory occasions year-round: holidays, birthdays, outdoor entertaining, extra guest seating and more.
Prep and Cook: 25 minutes (Makes 12)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Split sausage in half lengthwise; then cook following package instructions. Cut sausage into 3-inch-long pieces.
- Place one sheet of foil on baking sheet. Spread cheese evenly over bottom halves of rolls and place on foil. Arrange sausage on top of cheese, then top with: bruschetta topping, pepper sauce, and other halves of rolls.
- Top sliders with second foil sheet; double-fold all edges to seal pouch. Bake 6-7 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove tops of rolls and sprinkle with crispy onions. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/12 recipe) 320kcal; FAT 15g; CHOL 55mg; SODIUM 630mg; CARB 35g; FIBER 1g; PROTEIN 11g; VIT A 4%; VIT C 10%; CALC 8%; IRON 10% APRONS
Here at Bedfellows, we also stock a wide selection of serving pieces, team napkins, cookbooks & more.
850-893-1713 email@example.com bedfellowsgallery.com
Monday – Friday 10:00am – 6:00pm Saturday 10:00am – 4:00pm
We all know that a promise is a promise and no matter how busy life gets, we certainly keep our promises to our children. Gina is no different, and she promised her daughter Anna Grace that her bedroom would be painted by the time school started – and Gina delivered the goods!
Creating a perfectly restful environment, these cool colors are right on trend and so right for a good night’s sleep! Now the freshly painted room is just waiting for the new Pine Cone Hill bedding and we need your help to make the perfect selection for AG.
Gina has narrowed down her selection to three adorable options, but we’d like to know which one you think would be the best in AG’s room. Because there are so many cute patterns and accessories, pillows, dust ruffles and panels, choosing bedding can sometimes be a bit overwhelming. Our talented staff offers the best in customer service and can help you make your personal selections. See for yourself HERE what Pine Cone Hill has to offer!
Tweetie – is our sunny, graphic, full-of-fun floral duvet in lemon, lime, aqua, and periwinkle. Knife edge; hidden-button closure.
Louisa (white) – A dressed-up version of a cotton duvet cover, with appliqued strips and embroidered detailing at the hem. 3″ ruffle on 3 sides, hidden-button closure.
Ume Pink – We’re head over heels for this dreamy, romantic botanical design on a smooth cotton sateen duvet cover. Piped edges.
Thanks for making this fun! We’ll let you know what the verdict is soon!
Do you need unique and innovative gifts for your clients and employees for a special event or holiday? Bedfellows is your local Tallahassee source for corporate gifts! Our assortment appeals to gift recipients of all ages and aesthetics. Whether you want to make a statement or give personalized gifts of appreciation, we can make the process easy. We can get your order placed early – in plenty of time for giving. And as always, it is our pleasure to offer complimentary giftwrap.
One of our favorite and most versatile lines is Mariposa. The company began in 1984 after founder Livia Cowan returned from a road trip through Mexico with a truckload of recycled glassware made from old Coke bottles. Livia set up shop in her parent’s garage and Mariposa was born. Nearly three decades later, the truck and the garage headquarters are gone but the small family-feel of the company remains. Mariposa is currently housed in a renovated, yellow 19th century livery stable called, “The Barn” in Manchester-by-the-Sea, Massachusetts.
- Mariposa products are all handmade. No two pieces are ever exactly alike.
- Mariposa is committed to ecological responsibility. The majority of our products are made from 100% recycled materials.
- Mariposa Artist in Residence, Shelly Bradbury, has won international praise as an extraordinary sculptor.
- Michael Updike, son of famous American author, John Updike, is the artist and master sculptor behind the Mariposa signature Brillante collection. Renowned for his elegance and bright whimsy, Updike has done the impossible at Mariposa for decades: turning 100% recycled aluminum into tomorrow’s supplest tableware, inspired by both nature and tradition.
- Mariposa is one of the strongest brands in the wedding category. (Attendant Gifts) Traditional brides are drawn to the timeless beauty of String of Pearls, part of the Updike’s Brillante collection. String of Pearls pieces make the perfect wedding gift and are often engraved with the couple’s monogram. More modern brides may favor Bradbury’s Sueño collection.
- Need the perfect gift for any occasion? Customers continue to turn to Mariposa for unique and innovative hostess, birthday and holiday gifts.
- Mariposa products come in the signature teal gift boxes and larger pieces include soft, protective flannel sleeves for storage.
- Mariposa products are not only beautiful, but also easy to care for—they won’t tarnish and can be cleaned with soap and water. As with most metal, items are not dishwasher or microwave-safe.