Here’s a wonderful Easter dinner recipe that we discovered at Bravo TV
LAMB W/ CARROT JAM, GREEN BEAN SALAD AND MOREL MUSHROOM SAUCE
Top Chef, Season 6, Episode 9, Elimination Challenge
This serves a crowd of 30, so if you’re family gathering is a bit smaller, you may want to adjust the measurements. We took the liberty of substituting our delicious Rowena’s Carrot Jam. In stock at bedfellows and ready to serve.
12 (avg 12-16 oz) racks of lamb, frenched and meat scrapes reserved for sauce
1 bunch fresh parley, picked
1 bunch fresh rosemary, cut into 2” pieces
1 bunch fresh mint, picked
10 garlic cloves, smashed and rough chopped
½-1 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons black pepper, cracked
Carrot Jam: Use our delicious ROWENA’S CARROT JAM
For Minted Beans:
4 ½ lb blue lake beans, cut into ½” coins
1 cup butter
1 bunch fresh mint, finely chopped
2 bunches fresh chives
2-4 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
For Morel Mushroom Sauce:
All lamb scrapes, cut into 2” pieces, dusted with flour
1 lb onions
½ lb celery
½ lb carrots?
1 cup red wine
2 oz dried morels, re-hydrated in warm water, liquid reserved
2 quarts brown veal or lamb stock
2 bay leaves
½ bunch fresh thyme, tied with bay leaf
1. Marinate lamb with herbs, garlic, olive oil, pepper, and a pinch of salt. Marinate overnight. Wipe off marinade and wrap bones in foil. Sear lamb loin on the stove and finish in 350-degrees F oven until internal temperature reaches 125-degrees F. Let rest at least 10 minutes before slicing.
2. For carrot jam, combine all ingredients and just enough water to cover. Bring to a slow boil and then reduce heat. Simmer until thick, stirring constantly. Puree mixture until smooth and season to taste.
3. For minted beans, blanch beans in heavily salted water. Drain and let cool. Heat butter and add beans. Season with lemon juice and salt, and fold in mint and chives. Adjust seasoning with salt if necessary.
4. For morel mushroom sauce, seared lamb scraps and remove from pot. Add vegetables and caramelize until brown. Deglaze with red wine. Add morel mushrooms with re-hydrating liquid, veal stock, and herbs. Simmer for 1-1 ½ hours. Remove herbs and puree sauce until smooth. Adjust consistency and seasoning.
1. Streak morel mushroom sauce in a line onto plate.
2. Arrange a line of minted beans next to sauce.
3. Spoon a spread ROWENA’S CARROT JAM next to beans. (hostess idea image)
4. Cut lamb into double cut chops and arrange over carrot jam.
Combine our Carrot Jam with one of our lovely Hen House tea towels and a spreader for the perfect hostess gift. We’ll help you make the linen color choices and wrap it beautifully for gifting. Complimentary, of course! Call ahead 850-893-1713. We’ll take your order and have several of these waiting for you to pick up! Happy Passover – Happy Easter from the staff of bedfellows.
Bedfellows is pleased to be Tallahassee’s exclusive source for Sferra Linens. In 1891, Gennaro Sferra set the highest standard for luxury linens when he opened his SFERRA Fine Linens operation in Venice, Italy. Today, they are a leader in the luxury linens industry.
The ‘Festival’ table linen program is available in an unbelievably affordable 101 hemstitched colors. There’s even a free Sferra app that will custom match any dinnerware pattern to the ‘Festival’ color palette.
The Linen Colors by SFERRA app, (watch) ->as featured on Martha Stewart, allows you to set your table with ease. Simply capture a picture of your dinnerware and select the color you wish to match, and the SFERRA app will recommend the perfect match from our vast Festival collection of 101 colors. Available in Placemats, Dinner, and cocktail napkins and select colors available in tablecloths. Custom tablecloth orders are welcome in all sizes and colors.
The secret of SFERRA’s enduring reputation is simple: only the finest materials are used in creating anything that carries the SFERRA name. And that reputation has followed our linens into the White House, the Vatican and homes of many celebrities.
Printed menu cards with a scallop motif are tucked into the folds of Sferra’s “Festival” linen hemstich napkins in rose. Sprigs of thyme add an organic touch. Solid placemats in lilac are also from Sferra. (below)
grab your feather duster; let’s get to spring cleaning!
We’ll, we may not take to it like our grandmother’s did, but there is nothing better than fresh smelling – good feeling linens. LINEN WASH and the Laundress are amazing products that not only clean well and freshen your fine linens, but are good for the environment and smell so good.
while we have shared links to the websites of these products for information purposes, we respectfully request that you shop locally. bedfellows is conveniently located in Tallahassee’s Market District at 1495 market st. we welcome your calls or email as well – 850-893-1713 or email@example.com
Just in case you’re wondering how interior designers do it, we discovered a little drawing that will make your bedside table beautiful and functional. Use these suggestions to design your own bedside table.
(1) ART- we recommend the works of local artists when practical. Consider the size and scale of the pieces you choose. Make sure the subject is something you love.
(2) FLORALS – something floral will soften the look of the overall room by evoking that relaxing oasis and warm space you desire. Elevate with books if necessary to create that multi-level aspect which is pleasing to the eye.
(3) LAMPS – Choose a lamp that works with your wall covering and bedding; a style that does not compete, but one that makes a statement allows the table to become a complete element in the room.
We have just unpacked a large shipment of stylish and unique lamps. Here is a small gallery of what we have in stock now, but you’ll want to come in and take a closer look. Whether it’s the coast house, the plantation or the traditional family home, we have something perfect for you at bedfellows. 1495 market st. in tallahassee.
we’re hosting our spring cinda b trunk show beginning Wednesday, March 6th through Saturday, March 9th. the sales representative will be on hand Thursday to answer any questions and assist in your selection. receive a
FREE gift with purchase of $50 or more of cinda b product.
Call ahead 850-893-1713 and reserve your favorite selections.
SEVIER SKIRT SPRING EVENT bedfellows Monday, March 4th 12pm – 6pm and Wednesday, March 6th 10am – 4pm
Perfect fit! Great fabrics! Sevier Skirts is a custom skirt company based out of Nashville TN. Sevier Skirts sells thousands of skirts nationwide, however mass production is not their style! Each and every skirt is hand cut, sewn, trimmed to your bodytype, hemmed to your preferred length, and packaged just for YOU. They are the ONLY company that provides this type of fit customization in combination with hundreds and hundreds of fabric options.
Your Skirt – Your Way!
Set your sights on the up and coming holiday: St. Patricks Day! St.Pats is a favorite!
No presents, no stress, no dinner reservations, just throw on a green tee and have a good time!
You know Sevier Skirts has you covered for March 17th!
visit their blog
You might ask – How much?
Custom, Ready-to-Wear, and Maternity Skirts run from $135 to $200. Toddler skirts (with elastic waistband) are $75. Preteen skirts (with yoga-style waistband) run $115 to $140.